With the arrival of high-resolution cameras on our mobile devices, we have become used to storing huge amounts of photos and videos. What used to be a few albums on a shelf are now gigabytes of files that are stored on our phones and computers. Wouldn’t it be ideal if there were a way to compress photos while keeping their quality to the maximum? At Malavida we think so and, therefore, we give you some recommendations in this regard.
How to Optimize your Photos with Google Photos
We start this guide with a popular, simple and accessible solution for everyone. Google Photos comes pre-installed on most Android devices. However, if you can’t find it, you can easily download its APK and install it using the link below.
When it is available on your device, all you have to do is open it. If it asks you to sign in with your Google account, do so. Only then can you get the most out of this application. Then, go to the settings, clicking on your profile photo.
- Activate the slider that you will see next to Back up & sync. In this way, you will start the automatic backup in the cloud.
- Now, head over to Upload size.
- Finally, play in High quality.
- From now on, Google Photos will compress your images and upload them to the cloud. Thus, you can enjoy your memories anywhere, freeing up storage space in your terminal and with an invaluable loss of quality.
How to reduce the size of your images with JPEG Optimizer
If the Google Photos solution doesn’t convince you, you can use JPEG Optimizer. This software is specialized in the optimization of photographs, with an almost testimonial quality loss. To download this application for free, click on the Download button that you will see next.
- When you are on its main screen, tap on the lower right button.
- Using the file browser, select the photos you want to compress.
- When you finish, JPEG Optimizer will read all the images you have chosen and will show you the total size of the original files and the final size, once the compression has been applied.
- If you agree, tap on the save button, represented by a floppy disk icon. Choose the format that best suits your needs.
- Immediately, the optimized version of your images will be saved on your device’s internal storage. Remember that the resolution of your photos will remain the same unless you tell JPEG Optimizer otherwise.
How to compress photos on Android with Lit Photo Compress & Resize
The third alternative in this compilation is Lit Photo Compress & Resize. It is true that it works very similar to JPEG Optimizer, but it has a more functional and simple interface.
- When you have it installed on your phone, open it and click on Compress photos.
- Select the files you want to compress.
- Make some compression adjustments. You can modify the final quality, indicate if you want to keep the original resolution or put a size limit on the resulting file.
- Don’t forget that to get more compression, you will need to lower the quality. Setting the quality to 100% also compresses the image, although to a lesser extent.
- In any case, adjust this value based on your needs. To start the process, tap on Start compressing.
- When finished, you will receive a report showing the final size of the file.