Microsoft Excel is an ideal program for issuing invoices. However, designing an invoice template from scratch can take a long time, especially if you want the calculations to be done automatically. In that case, the easiest way to create an invoice is to use one of the templates that the application includes by default.
On the welcome screen, click More templates. Use the search engine or browse the gallery until you find a suitable template in this case. As an example, we have selected Simple invoice. Double click on it to load it.
- Start by modifying your business name at the top. If you want, you can also add your logo from the Insert menu to give it a more personalized look.
- At the top, add your company data.
- In the next section, enter the debtor’s details, that is, the entity, company, or person you are billing.
- The time has come to list the products or services you want to invoice. Enter the concept, the total number, and the unit price. As you can see, Excel will automatically calculate the total for each line.
- The currency used in the invoices is adjusted to the region and the language that you have configured in Microsoft Office. However, to change the currency you just have to select the corresponding cells and click on Number. After clicking on the coin and banknote icon, choose the option that best suits your needs.
- When you’re done, it’s time to add the tax percentage. Make in the corresponding field.
After doing so, the invoice will include the taxes in the total. With this, you will have already created your invoice. We advise that, if you apply many formatting modifications, such as changing the currency, the colors of the cells, or the insertion of a logo, you save the file as an Excel template. Thus, in future invoices, you can use your personalized design. On the contrary, it is also possible to use the default Excel template as many times as necessary.